Sea Tow Crystal Coast Captain - Location: Morehead City, NC
• Full/Part Time
•Swansboro, NC, Morehead City, NC
• High school or equivalent
• Boat Handling Skills: 2 years
Required license or certification:
• USCG Licensed Captain with Tow Endorsement
Sea Tow Crystal Coast is seeking licensed captains to provide marine assistance to boaters in the Morehead City, North Carolina area. The candidate must possess superior boat handling skills and a willingness to learn the policies and operational procedures required of all Sea Tow employees.
The following are mandatory requirements that each candidate must possess in order to be considered for the position. Your failure to provide proof or submit to one or more of the following will disqualify you from a position with Sea Tow Crystal Coast, North Carolina.
• Each candidate must possess a minimum of a United States Coast Guard OUPV license in good standing. The license must also include a valid Assistance Towing Endorsement.
• Each candidate must possess a valid driver’s license.
As part of your employment as a captain for Sea Tow Crystal Coast, you will be responsible for a number of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
• The safe operation of a fast-response towing vessel for the purposes of providing marine assistance to boaters in Onslow, Carteret and Pamlico Counties, North Carolina.
• Assist boaters on the water by providing towing services, jumpstarts, fuel drops, and salvage services to vessels in need of emergency assistance.
• Communicate clearly and calmly with boaters and other dispatch personnel over telephone and VHF radio.
• Perform daily routine maintenance on the towing vessels, including, but not limited to equipment checks and basic maintenance and upkeep.
• SCUBA Certified a Plus
At Sea Tow Crystal Coast, we take pride in the fact that our captains and other employees are some of the best trained mariners on the water. In addition to the training required by the United States Coast Guard, our captains are required to undergo extensive training. This training is provided by Sea Tow Crystal Coast at no expense to the candidate. The training includes, but is not limited to customer service guidelines, communication procedures, and extensive boat handling and towing procedures. The candidate must complete all necessary training to his supervisor’s satisfaction before he or she is authorized to operate a vessel without immediate supervision. The captain is paid a daily shift rate, which varies based upon performance and experience. In addition, bonuses or commissions may be paid for exceptional performance in certain situations. The candidate is reviewed at least once per year and receives regular feedback regarding his or her performance and abilities.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Sea Tow Crystal Coast team, we welcome your application. Please email a resume detailing your boating experience and/or other maritime related employment, experience and knowledge to email@example.com
Sea Tow Captain - Location: Rhode Island
We are excited to announce Sea Tow Rhode Island is EXPANDING to serve our members even better as we are looking to add additional Full and Part Time Captains to our professional team.
• Operate a Fast Response Assistance Towing vessel on patrol and in assisting disabled boaters on-the-water. Assistance will include: towing, fuel drops, jumpstarts, ungroundings and general marine assistance.
• Assist senior staff with salvage operations. Previous marketing or sales experience to assist with membership growth, while not a requirement, would be a plus.
• Perform general daily routine maintenance on the towboats during the boating season.
• USCG, License (OUPV, 50 Ton, 100 Ton, etc) upon Near Coastal waters with an Assistance Towing endorsement.
• We do a pre-employment drug test screen and then place all employees on a random drug testing program as required by the USCG.
If you or someone else with salt water in their veins is looking for an exciting full or part time opportunity with the best – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Care Representatives - Location: Southold, NY
Service representatives handle a high volume of incoming calls for membership and related services, as well as on-water assistance dispatch, and outbound calls, chat, e-mail. The position also includes administrative and processing projects and tasks.
Seasonal, year-round, full-time and part-time positions available.
Various shifts available: Day, evening, full-time and part-time. You can expect to work either a Saturday or Sunday as part of your regular schedule.
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication and data entry skills
- Computer literacy – proficient with internet, Word, and email
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Must be able to sit for the majority of shift
- Must work a Saturday or Sunday each week
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
Benefits for year-round employees include: Paid time off, health insurance, 401k plan.
Perfect position for college students - work available during summer, spring and winter breaks!
Compensation starts at $13.00 per hour - commensurate with experience.
You will be prompted to set up a profile in order to apply for the position.
SHOULD YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUES APPLYING ONLINE PLEASE EMAIL JOBS@SEATOW.COM
Sea Tow Captain - Location: Montauk, NY
Sea Tow Montauk is expanding its service for members and is interested in hiring additional Coast Guard Licensed Captains for our team!
To be a Sea Tow Captain you must:
- Possess a United States Coast Guard Master Near Coastal license in good standing. The license must also include a valid Assistance Towing Endorsement.
- Submit to a pre-employment drug test as required by the United States Coast Guard. Upon hiring, the candidate must submit to random drug testing as a condition of his or her employment with Sea Tow Montauk.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle for use by the candidate.
Please reach me, Captain John at 516-641-5331 if you’re interested and would like more information!